[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT Re: question about Amazon peek

  • From: "Kestrell" <kestrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 07:38:33 -0400

Thanks for that recommendation Scott, it sounds extremely interesting. I love all those books about useful design, such as _The Psychology of Everyday Things_ (not sure I got the title precisely correct, but I'm pretty sure it's by Donald Norman).

Kes
----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Rains" <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Pamela Hoffard
<crosssttch@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:crosssttch@xxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 10:39:38 -0700
To:
"bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>"
<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>

Kestrell,

Welcome!  Remember to feel free to ask any question you have-Big or
small!
Somebody on this list should have an answer.

Yes, Amazon's "search inside this book" is what we call the "peek".
It
only has pictures of pages on certain books, so it gives sighted
people a
peek at the text.  Then there is "google.books", they also have some
books
scanned as pictures.

Hope that helps,

Pam