[bksvol-discuss] OT Firefox

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 14:45:42 -0500

I just got an announcement saying the Public Beta of Window-Eyes 5.5 is Released and Ready for Download. The message says that this version supports firefox.
Unfortunately I couldn't afford to keep up with updates for both JAWS and Window-Eyes and I needed JAWS more at that time so I no longer have Window-eyes. I am wondering if anyone has heard an actual projected date or version number for JAWS that will support firefox. I just searched the Freedom Scientific site for references and found absolutely nothing. They better be working hard on it because they have lost this contest to Window-Eyes and that doesn't look good. Just for confirmation of my assumptions I did try firefox with JAWS version 6.0 and it certainly doesn't work.
I also noticed that Freedom Scientific failed to provide any release notes or new features list on the download page for JAWS version 6.2 and that's pretty weird. Why update something if you aren't going to tell anybody why? I've only heard that version 6.2 isn't as stable as version 6.0 so I am not inclined to try it. :-)

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
Assistive Technology Trainer
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity

----- Original Message ----- From: "Pratik Patel" <pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx>