[bksvol-discuss] Re: O T Do Not Call List

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 22:36:56 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for the reminder, Lissi. I did read that the
initial registration was only good for 5 years and the
time is running out.

The business about cell phones is new. They used not
be be available to anyone, which is why San Diego has
asked people to register their cell phone numbers with
the city so they can be called in the even of
emergency, like the recent fires. The reverse 911
notification was only good for land lines. If the cell
phone numbers are now being released, that is bad,
since to answer or retrieve a message costs money.

Grandma Cindy