[bksvol-discuss] Re: Now working in Word

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 20:21:21 -0400

Dear Reggie,

If I understand what a net book is properly I believe you can't validate it as
is. Have you validated books for Bookshare before? When the new site went up we
began referring to validating as proofreading. For volunteers getting a book
approved has three steps.

First one volunteer has to physically scan a hard copy print book and submitted
to what used to be the step one page and is now the check out a book page.

Then a second volunteer selects the book, checks it out, proofreads it and
checks it in.

Then if the word, page number, page break and copyright ducks are in a row,
bookshare adds it to the collection and sends letters announcing the good news
to the submittor and proofreader.

Always with love,

Lissi