[bksvol-discuss] Norton

  • From: "k4zq" <k4zq@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 13:28:18 -0500

Cindy, et al,

I took the decision to reject the Norton Anthology for several reasons.

First of all: there was the issue of missing pages which I'm sure could be
resolved.  Second: this is an older edition which should be updated .  Third:
this book is vol. I of II, which as I stated in an earlier e-mail is half a
book.  Fourth: I could not save it in an rtf format, so, wasn't sure if I could
upload the book when I had finished it.  There may have been another way to
save and upload it, but if so, I don't know what it is.

I think that to have this anthology in the collection would be of great value.
However, a new scan of per haps a later edition is the way to go.  I'm not into
scanning yet, or I would be happy to do it myself.

Cindy, that last e-mail was a lot of help!  First it was let's finish it and
get the missing pages, then it was don't bother 'cause Bookshare has trouble
with plays.  Now, this is a typical female answer, which is excellent at not
arriving at a decision, but pointing out all possible options.  My wife's
non-committal answer to most questions is "fine."  That doesn't really tell me
anything, so I have to guess at what she wants.  I wouldn't mind second
guessing you, but I should know you better.

I tried to call Katie (the bookshare goddess,) but she wasn't available, so I
was left to guess as best I could.

If I have done incorrectly, per haps I could be censured, A thing the Senate is
loath to do.

"Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most."
Ernie