[bksvol-discuss] Re: New bestsellers(comics)

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 06:30:28 -0800 (PST)

Just last week, I had a student request for manga books, which are graphic
books. The student said that a lot of kids would love to read them, and I'm
sure she's right, but the time it would take to write up several image
descriptions on each page is way too much. I wish there was an easy way to put
those books in the collection, but I sure don't see it! Getting image files
from publishers would allow dyslexic kids to read the books, but not blind ones.
Carrie