[bksvol-discuss] New Submission by Barbara

  • From: Barbara <barbarab65@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Book Share <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 03:08:59 -0800 (PST)

I just submitted the following book:

  Title: Huggable Hounds: A Dog Lover?s Treasury

  Author: Editors of the Quercus Publishing Plc

  Copyright Holder: Quercus Publishing Plc

  Copyright Date: 2007

  ISBN: 978 1 84724 308 9

  Short Synopsis: This book is a compilation of photographs of dogs. Each
photograph is accompanied with sayings, quotations, or proverbs.

  Long Synopsis: Taken from back cover:

  "A wonderful collection of over 60 charming photographs of man's best friend.
Dogs playing, frolicking and snoozing are accompanied by proverbs, sayings and
quotations from history's wisest and wittiest figures."

  Comments: I prevalidated this book by reading it after I scanned it and
checking for spelling errors. I described the pictures but a sighted volunteer
might want to elaborate upon my descriptions. Also, the copyright information
came at the back of the book and not in the front of it. This page was not
amenable to OCR so I had to type the entire page into this file. This page was
extremely hard to read so a sighted volunteer might want to check to see that
all the information is correct. The book is short and has a total 117, half of
which are photographs of dogs. There is not much writing on the printed pages
and many of them were not detectable by my scanner. This made it necessary for
me to type many of pages into my computer and correct the other pages which
often contained many scanning errors and/or missing words.

Barbara