[bksvol-discuss] Re: My first book already done?

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 21:22:13 -0500

A corolary to Bob's rules is
blame it on Word
(remember all those soft pagebreak and font emails from Word users on the point of mental melt down?)

I personally was given the fickle finger of fate yet one last time in 2008 as my braillenot blew up its mother board in honor of New Year's.

So overall, just blame it all on 2008. Could it be something about all those numbers and no odd ones? (grin for the numerology) could it be something in the water? (for the environmentalists? Could it be the oil speculators?

Let's hope next year brings us a great new web site, lots of fun together and lots of good reading.

Bob your humor adds to it all.

Anybody want to buy a braillenote for parts? grin. Seriously if you know of somebody do let me know so I can scrounge together enough money for a unit. Also if folks know of reputable trading lists please write me privately. I want to find a secondhand unit.
At 07:25 PM 12/31/2008, you wrote:
Oh yes. Carrey is this mean old lady who lives in California and loves to pick on us volunteers.

Seriously, occasionally mistakes will get through to the collection, but Carrey and the rest of the staff is quite good at stopping many of them.

Rule #1 for validators ... proofreaders... blame it on those who scan.
Rule #1 for those who scan: blame it on the scanner.
Rule #1 for readers: blame it on the bookshare staff.

Rule #1 for all of us: blame everything on the stripper. For you newbies, the stripper is not some lady who attended Jim Fructurman's last Christmas party, it's a malicious piece of computer code that destroys all our great looking books.

Bob