[bksvol-discuss] Re: Lists of scanners and proofers

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 13:30:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hi!

Doug and I are both volunteers; I will let Doug describe his interests,
although
we have considerable overlap.  Our primary focus is classical series
completion,
children's books, many with picture descriptions, Christian books, historical
fiction, disability related stories, emergent literacy and leveled readers.  I
also like cozy mysteries and children's mysteries, force myself to do a couple
of cookbooks a year since I am sighted. Grin.  I scan and proof, do occasional
picture describing, and have thousands of books here to add as we are able.  We
have completed several old series including Cherry Ames, Sue Barton. Vicki
Barr,
and Connie Blair and are chipping away at Nancy Drew, Kay Tracey, Judy Bolton,
Kim Aldrich, Robin Kane, Ginny Gordon, Donna Parker, among others. We are
working on Dave and Neta Jackson books (kids and adults) as well as  and Monica
Ferris needlecraft mysteries as well.

I am not sure if the series captains program will remain in place, but we have
bought many of these hard to find books as we were able, and do them as
interested or requested.  Although I have a membership, I do not read for
pleasure, only via scanning and proofreading, so I have a vested interest in
doing the books we have purchased.  We also do repairs and BSO's to existing
books.
 Valerie, a proud Bookshare volunteer