[bksvol-discuss] Kind of OT, Question about new OCR Technology

  • From: "Lisa Belville" <lisab12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 06:29:16 -0500

Hi, all.

I honestly can't remember if I've posed this question on list before. If so, my apologies.

A friend of mine said someone told her about new scanning products being developed that will have some ability to recognize handwriting.

She says the products are called Simon and Excalibur.

I did warn her that the prospect of having something scan and recognize handwriting is kind of iffy, unless it is trained to recognize the handwriting of specific individuals, I guess that could work.

Are there such things being developed, and if so, where can I get more info. She's really interested.

Thanks in advance

Lisa