[bksvol-discuss] Re: Kind of OT, Question about new OCR Technology

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 00:26:59 -0400

Hi, Lisa. The U.S. Postal Service has been developing this kind of software, and they have made a lot of progress with the technology. However, they are scanning addresses and such, not page upon page of handwriting. I do know that they use scanners made my AGFA, a company that provides scanning solutions to large corporations. That is as far as my knowledge goes except to say that this new technology probably has a pretty hefty price tag.

At Friday 6/2/2006 07:29 AM, you wrote:
Hi, all.

I honestly can't remember if I've posed this question on list before. If so, my apologies.

A friend of mine said someone told her about new scanning products being developed that will have some ability to recognize handwriting.