[bksvol-discuss] K1000 and tables

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookshare volunteer discussion" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 01:20:37 -0500

Hi gang.
I've run into a bit of a sticky wicket (as my British friends often say).

I am proofing a book that has several tables in it. [[beginning of
advertisement]: see the newly produced document concerning the use of tables in
books in the scanning and proofing manual
https://wiki.benetech.org/display/BSO/Scanning+and+Proofreading+Manual
[end of advertisement]]!

These tables are causing me all kinds of trouble with pagination as they span
multiple pages, but I don't think they were meant to-do so in the original
book. The scanner just didn't know what to do with them.

I say these are tables, but they aren't really. They are strict text with two
line spaces between each cell.

Ok, here's my question (multiple sighs around the internet). I've converted
these textuals back to tables in Kurzweil, inserting tabs between cells and a
linefeed between rows. But when I invoke the convert to table command in k1000
it always comes out with a table that is one column wide and way to many rows.
Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong? Heck, does anyone know what I am
talking about?

Thanks,
Bob

"A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for
it back when it begins to rain."