[bksvol-discuss] Just Submitted Awake In The Heartland: The Ecstasy Of What Is

  • From: Chris Fleming <wellbeing@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 17:15:48 -0600

Greetings to all from Texas!

I just submitted "Awake In The Heartland: The Ecstasy of What is" by Joan Tollifson in RTF format.

The book has been prevalidated and should be in excellent shape.

Here is what the back cover has to say about the book.

This is a book about waking up. It?s not about techniques, dogmas, traditions, exotic states or future attainments. Rather, it points to the simplicity and wonder of what is, as it is. This is a book about discovering perfection in imperfection, and the extraordinary in the ordinary. It?s about enlightenment, not a future attainment, but here and now. It celebrates life as it is, from the beautiful to the horrific, inviting the reader to see that everything is spiritual, and that nothing is a mistake.

If there seems to be a gap between what the enlightenment books describe and what you find in your own life, if you still think enlightenment is something that will happen to you in the future (or not at all), if you?re still chasing experiences or self-improvement, then this book may be just what you need to see that what you seek is already here.

There is a vibrant energy that emanates from the pages of this book that cannot help but resonate with and stir the same essence in the reader and awaken them to the ecstasy of what is­their own true nature. Because the personal story is so beautifully interwoven, the book answers the question so often asked by seekers: ?Yes, I under stand BUT...How do I live my life?? Joan is constantly showing the reader, by personal example, that life lives itself as IS no matter WHAT appears. I recommend it.

- Sailor Bob Adamson, What?s Wrong with Right Now Unless You Think About It

An excellent book. Joan has a gift for writing clearly. Her willingness to share her own very human story points
out the ordinariness of realization and how things just continue on as they do...both before and after awakening.

- Chuck Hillig, Enlightenment for Beginners, The Way it Is, and Seeds for the Soul

In her book Joan takes us on a journey that starts and ends where we already and always are. She illustrates this pathless path with humor, compassion and keen observations of human nature. Her descriptions of nature at large are vividly beautiful and remind me of Zen paintings. She points to the realm ?where the chariot of speech finds no tracks to go.? Enjoy!

- Leo Hartong, Awakening to the Dream

Thank you, Joan, for reminding me, in your plain & funny midwestern way, that there is absolutely nothing to attain. Your book is a warrior?s journal; a chronicle of surrendering to ?what is? and finding beauty waiting.

- Mike Stiler, Who Sees? words and pictures from nowhere

I loved reading about Joan?s adventures in Awake in the Heartland. She clearly demonstrates by her own example that simply by living in recognition of our true nature as awareness, the agitated search for personal transcendence is dissolved into acceptance of life as it is, allowing the emergence of real peace and equanimity.

- Nathan Gill, Clarity

Joan Tollifson writes and talks about awareness, the unconditional love that allows everything to be just as it is. Her first book, Bare-Bones Meditation: Waking Up from the Story of My Life, was published in 1996. Joan has an affinity with Advaita and Zen, but belongs to no formal tradition. She has lived in California, New York, and Chicago.