[bksvol-discuss] January New York Times bestsellers

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare Vol Group <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 22:06:00 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

Well, this month is pretty slim. I've dipped down into a few books in the top
15 (instead of my usual top 10), just to get the number of bestsellers up a
bit. I would have thought that the publishing industry would have released a
lot of new books for Christmas, but I've heard that they are hurting badly.
They don't have a big profit margin to start with, and this recession is REALLY
affecting them. So I'm guessing that's why there are so few books being
released now. As I said, just a guess.
Here's the list of books and their statuses:

Hardcover Fiction
SCARPETTA, by Patricia Cornwell (in the collection)
THE CHARLEMAGNE PURSUIT, by Steve Berry (in the collection)
ARCTIC DRIFT, by Clive Cussler and Dirk Cussler (in the collection)
YOUR HEART BELONGS TO ME, by Dean Koontz (in the collection)

Hardcover Non-Fiction
NO LIMITS, by Michael Phelps with Alan Abrahamson (in the collection)
WISHFUL DRINKING, by Carrie Fisher (in the collection)
THE ASCENT OF MONEY, by Niall Ferguson (in the collection)

Paperback Fiction (Trade and Mass Market)
THE VENETIAN BETRAYAL, by Steve Berry (ordered)
THE 47TH SAMURAI, by Stephen Hunter (ordered)
DEAD AFTER DARK, by Sherrilyn Kenyon, etc (in the collection)
HALO: THE COLE PROTOCOL, by Tobias S. Buckell (in the collection)
THE PAGAN STONE, by Nora Roberts (in the collection)
THE MANNING GROOMS, by Debbie Macomber (in the collection)
WHEN THE DUKE RETURNS, by Eloisa James (in the collection)

Paperback Non-Fiction
A WHOLE NEW MIND, by Daniel H. Pink (Carrie proofing)
STUFF WHITE PEOPLE LIKE, by Christian Lander (ordered)
MORTAL DANGER, by Ann Rule (in the collection)

Hoping next month will be better! Carrie