[bksvol-discuss] Re: January New York Times bestsellers

  • From: "Allison Hilliker" <bookshare_girl@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 14:27:37 -0700

Hi Booksharians, maybe this is an obvious question, but how do the publishers know what's

going to be on the best seller list so early in the month?  I thought that,
in order to be a best seller, it had to have... sold.  I thought the Times
created its list based on which books sold well in the previous week.  So we
don't necessarily know yet what books will sell next week and therefore be
put on the best seller list.  Make sense?  Maybe I'm just wrong in my
thinking on the best seller process.

Also, does anyone know if the new Janet Evanovich book, Plum Lucky, is on
the best seller list?  I know it just came out this month.

Best,
Allison

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carrie Karnos" <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>