[bksvol-discuss] Re: Introductions

  • From: Sensation Experience Official <sensationexperience.official@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 16:31:13 -0800

Hi,
I am able to scan. I am actually proofing a book before I submit it, and yes, I already know scanners are not expected to proof before they submit, but I'd like to try it and see what I can fix for my first attempt.
On 1/14/2014 3:30 PM, Cindy Rosenthal wrote:
a heartfelt Welcome, Al. Are you only interested in proofing, or are you also able to scan?

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 12:09 PM, Sensation Experience Official <sensationexperience.official@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:sensationexperience.official@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hello all,
    My name is Al (sometimes I can be seen as Ulysses), and I recently
    joined Bookshare Volunteering, although I have done some work in
    the past with a teacher of the visually impaired until I graduated
    from high school two years ago.
    I have a blog at http://sensationexperience.wordpress.com/
    I look forward to helping improve books as far as accessibility is
    concerned. I once asked, can blind volunteers join, and I received
    an answer saying that indeed they can, and that there are several
    ways to proofread using accessible technology.
    I use Non-Visual Desktop Access with Docu Scan Plus along with a
    demo version of Microsoft Word 2007 on a Windows Seven Home
    Premium Mac Book Pro using Boot Camp.
    Again, thanks for letting me be a part of the Bookshare
    volunteering community.
    Best,
    -Al
    <mailto:bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line.  To get
    a list of available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the
    subject line.