[bksvol-discuss] Re: In-house volunteers and validations

  • From: Tracy Carcione <carcione@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 10:02:07 -0500

Nnoooo!  Don't zap old submissions!  I've been tackling some of the old
Japan-related stuff, but it takes a good bit of work, so it's slow.  But
it's interesting, and uncommon, so I think they're worth it.
Tracy

At 10:45 PM 2/10/05 -0800, you wrote:
>Sue,
>
>The meeting is actually tomorrow. We have several other targets we're
trying to meet, including over a 1000 books submitted by a university that
need to be processed, and 200 Spanish books that need our attention. We can
certainly stop flooding the download page with what we've processed in-house
and validate those in the office.

>I hate to say this, but since I've been here (long enough), the step one
page   has fluctuate between 200 and 500 books awaiting validtion. The
backlog on the approvals is a reflection of being understaffed, but the
download page is relatively normal. . .just on the high end. I'm going
through and zapping some of the really old submissions that haven't been
touched in say, a year. Other than that, it's up to you as volunteers to
figure out how much time and attention you want to spend on your validations.