[bksvol-discuss] In-house volunteers and validations

  • From: "Marissa Mika" <Marissa.M@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 22:45:30 -0800

Sue,

The meeting is actually tomorrow. We have several other targets we're trying to
meet, including over a 1000 books submitted by a university that need to be
processed, and 200 Spanish books that need our attention. We can certainly stop
flooding the download page with what we've processed in-house and validate
those in the office.

I hate to say this, but since I've been here (long enough), the step one page
has fluctuate between 200 and 500 books awaiting validtion. The backlog on the
approvals is a reflection of being understaffed, but the download page is
relatively normal. . .just on the high end. I'm going through and zapping some
of the really old submissions that haven't been touched in say, a year. Other
than that, it's up to you as volunteers to figure out how much time and
attention you want to spend on your validations.

Thanks,
Marissa