[bksvol-discuss] ISBN numbers; answering posts

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 10:42:04 -0800 (PST)

Sometimes the ISBN doesn't scan correctly, and unless
you have the book you wouldn't know it. I recently had
one where the number 8 had scanned as a 3, or vice
versa. I'm glad you found it in Amazon, though. That
was going to be my suggestion, too, but I saved your
post until I'd gone through more of my mail and found
that a couple of other people made the same suggestion
-- and by the time I finished reading the posts in the
mail you'd found it yourself.

Which is a suggestion I might make in reply to the
person who posted asking that people not answer right
away in case someone else has already answered. When I
see 38 posts awaiting me and there's a pst I want to
answers, I hit "Next" instead of deleting or answering
right away. That way, if I see the question hasn't
been answered, and I can help, I can do it. Otherwise,
if the question has been answered, I can delete the
post. This is also why I've decided to stay with the
individual mail instead of the digest form. When I had
the digest form and found that I still wanted to
repond to the post,I had to scroll through all the
others to get to the one I wanted to see again and
answer or write my answer on a separate Word document
and then just hit "compose" in the mail and paste it.

http://my.yahoo.com