[bksvol-discuss] Re: I think I found the hard drive.

  • From: Mike <mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 15:53:04 -0800

Roger,

Sounds like a hard drive to me and Seagate is a hard drive company. Usually they'd be connected to the computer by one cable that is flat with a wide almost flat connector and a second cable that has four separate wires and a short blocky connector that is usually hard to get off.

I'll send one of the enclosures. Send me your address to mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx I hope you can get your files back and maybe openbook will even work..

Misha

On 11/19/2011 3:01 PM, Roger Loran Bailey wrote:
Okay, I took the old computer apart. It would have been easier with a crow bar, but I did not have a crow bar. I got it apart with a screw driver and a lot of prying. I am sure that there is an easier way, but I don’t know it. There seemed to have been a paucity of screws. I think I found the hard drive. At least I have not found anything else that might be it. It seems to have a brand name of Seagate on it. It measures 5.5 by 4 inches. Can you send me one of those adaptors, Mike?