[bksvol-discuss] Re: How does the DAISY converter handle word fields like hyperlinks?

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 17:45:54 -0500

Bob, is that the case for volunteer submitted books, or just publisher quality books? I think I've noticed a difference in that the PQ books do have hyperlinks that work, but the volunteer submitted books don't have hyperlinks that work. Just working on memory here, so I could well be mistaken. smile.

Judy

Bob W wrote:
Hi Judy.
Good question.

I'm not sure about Braille since I don't use it much. But I suspect the Braille converter strips the html code out and leaves the text in.

Daisy doesn't do anything with it. I say that because reading books with Kurzweil and in my web browser, I still get the links--and can still activate them etc.

So, in short, I'd say leave them alone.

Hope this helps.

Bob

----- Original Message ----- From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>