[bksvol-discuss] Re: How do I retain the commas?

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 19:13:23 EDT

I am pretty sure, just from context, that it is a comma, but I forgot to
mention that the same thing happens to hyphens with about the same frequency.

                                                                  "If you
tremble with indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine."
Che Guevara

                 The Militant: http://www.themilitant.com/txtindex.shtml
Pathfinder Press: http://www.pathfinderpress.com
                 _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: How do I retain the commas?
Date:
7/20/2009 4:47:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
blinkeeblink@xxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

Hi Roger,

Are you sure that the missing character isn't an m-dash or long dash and
not a comma? I have seen this happen in a lot of books I have proofed, and
also
occasionally with a book I am scanning.

Sorry I don't know how to prevent this from happening.

Deborah

----