[bksvol-discuss] Re: HTML

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 11:49:06 -0600

Hi Monica,
I don't have any real answers to your delimma as to how the book was made, just a few general thoughts/comments.

I thought Kurzweil was supposed to open TIF files, based on release notes, I know they had fixed a problem with opening those files at one point.

Also, it's been a while since I pulled out a copy of IrfanView, but I think it has an option for making a multipage TIF into single page TIFs. I know that JPG is a lossy format and so converting to it might lose some quality of the image, whereas perhaps keeping in the same TIF format, which doesn't have to be lossy, might make a better OCR. Just some thoughts though and something to think about trying if this strange phenomena ever happens again.

Glad you got something out of that file *grin*

Jake
----- Original Message ----- From: "Monica Ballard" <MBallard1@xxxxxxxxxxx>