[bksvol-discuss] Re: Grammar check; was : Be mindful

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 15:15:37 -0800 (PST)

Absolutely, Cindy, I find the grammar checker is often wrong.

  But it finds things like sentences which have hard returns in them where they
don't belong, and hyphens that got left in by mistake, or a space between the
punctuation and quotation mark at the end of a sentence. It picks them out so
much faster than I could by reading it. That's the only reason I use the
grammar checker in Word.

Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading - Storm against the innocents : Holocaust memories and other
stories / by Elly Gross