[bksvol-discuss] Re: Another search quirk

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 15:13:01 -0800 (PST)

I didn't type in Van Allsburg for the search. I just typed in Allsburg. I
usually try to search on the smallest portion I can because with the updates,
the ones that took place a long time ago, search is very finicky. I used to be
able to type in one word of the title and one word of the author's name and get
results. Now that only works in advanced search. It used to work in basic
search.

  If I type in Stone in the basic search box, I get both books with Stone in
the title like Brimstone and Rolling Stone. I also get boks by authors with
Stone as their name or in their name, like Chris Stone and Frederick Stonehouse.

  So I thought it was reasonable if I only put in Allsburg, I would get books
by Van Allsburg.

Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading - Storm against the innocents : Holocaust memories and other
stories / by Elly Gross