[bksvol-discuss] Got the credit and a suggestion

  • From: "Wanda Cochran" <wcochran@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 10:10:47 -0400

    Hello.  I got an email last night saying the book was approved and that I
received the credit.  Thank you for your responses.  I'm happy to hear that
this is not normal and this falls into the category of stuff happens. I wanted
to make a suggestion that a new category of books be added to the category of
books, called political or government.  I just proofed the book "Searching for
God knows what," and it was in the nonfiction and religious category.  I read
the book and there is discussion of politics and since this book is for people
who are seeking a religious connection, I felt that there should be an
awareness to a potential reader that public policy is being addressed in the
book.  It would irritate me to choose a book in the religious category and then
get halfway through the book to find the author is using the book to inject
their political point of view,right leaning or left leaning, I think I should
know that politics is involved, especially if I downloaded a book for spiritual
guidance.  I like to keep my church and state separated.  I know politics is a
thorny issue, but perhaps any book that directly discusses public policy could
fall into the politics category as an additional marker to the reader.  What do
you think?
Wanda.