[bksvol-discuss] Re: Finished validating a TXT file havea question

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 18:49:50 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, the book probably should be returned in plain
text. You might try one of the others and see if
bookshare takes it. I was told with an earlier book
that text with line breaks and the others I have
really louse up the formatting.

What I did with the page numbers is put them at the
bottom of the page, leaving a line space before and
after page number, thus letting the page number stand
alone. My book had the numbers at the bottom. I put
them in when they were missing. I also added a comment
to the long synopsis (does your Delinsky book have any
synopses?Mine just said "Romance by known romance
author" or something like that. I put in my own). that
the page numbers were at the bottom. But since you
didn't do that,I wouldn't try to do it now. As you
say, being fiction it probably doesn't matter that
much, and you did be sure, since you read it, that all
the pages are there.

I agree about the challenge of putting fragmented
sentence together. It's like doing a jigsaw puzzle.

The word your spell-check couldn't figure out perhaps
is a fragmented one, or a hyphenated one, that you
missed. I had one of those, too, and I couIdn't figure
it out from the context. I'd already returned the book
to the library, so I couldn't check with the book
itself. I went back to the original file I'd
downloaded and fortunately found the rest of the word.
But one word isn't going to keep your book from being
Excellent.

Cindy

http://mail.yahoo.com