[bksvol-discuss] Re: Finished validating a TXT file havea question

  • From: "shannon work" <shannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 20:01:30 -0500

Cindy,

Yes the delinsky book I validated was in pretty rought shape. I took my time
and put the fragmented piecees back together.  There were a bunch of junk
punctuation and extra I's also but I believe I got nearly all of them.  I
ran spell check and I did come across a word that spell check didn't like
but for the life of me I couldn't tell what it should have been. You can
tell by context what she id driving at but I don't know what the actual word
is. It mabe on that the spell check just doesn't know.
Now should I just return it in plane text? I have the other choices I
mentioned but I also discussed this that this book dosn't have page numbers
as allot were missing and I got rid of the others. I know page numbers are
important in some cases but since this is only a story to be enjoyed not
necessarly for research I didn't think that they were all that important.
All in all this was a pretty good story as romance novels go.

I kind of liked the challenge of peicing the fragments back together.
However I don't want to do that all of the time. Smile
It kind of gave me a mental workout, in Sherlock homes type of mental
calistentics.
Shannon