[bksvol-discuss] Re: FW: Kind words from a happy member

  • From: "Dornetta" <dornetta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 14:03:22 -0500

Awwwwww...I also have the same sentiments. You guys do so much for the
print-impaired and I feel blessed to not only be a member but also a volunteer.
I recognize that there are many who enjoy the urban fiction genre but these
books are not readily available which is why I focus on books in this category.
I also send thank-you emails to authors who respond to my inquiries about audio
versions of their books as well as the "blurb" I put in about Bookshare. One
author in particular, K'wan, who is published by Cash Money Content, was
probably the most enthusiastic author I spoke to about Bookshare. He wanted to
know all that he could about the organization. When his books come up on
audible, he sends me an email asking about the quality of the audio; asking for
tips on how to make the next recording more enjoyable. He even purchased me
several credits (12) as a gift. To say that he is my favorite author is putting
it mildly, although, his gift has nothing to do with it. I enjoyed his books
when my sister was reading them to me. Anyway, thanks you guys for all that you
do in this community.
Hey! Maybe we should hold a "emmy" Bookshare awards night--you know come up
with some categories, not just, who submitted the most books-scanned or
proofed, but quality and quantity? *shrug* Just a thought--*smile*
Netta