[bksvol-discuss] Re: Downlist page one books

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 05:32:55 -0500

Lots of us can validate in KES which is kurzweil format and it makes sense to let things stay in native format for kurzweil.

E.

At 11:44 PM 11/27/2005, you wrote:

I was browsing the download list today  and saw (1)
many books in ARK format. Can any of you validate in
that?  There are some in KES, too, and those are
formats many of us cannot download. Hopefully those
who can, will--or the submitters will validate their
own books.

Also, for those of you who are Catherine Cookson fans,
her book Maggie Rowan is on the list. It was
submitted, I think, in July ot Aug--maybe Sept., and
has been released twice.

And for those of you who are of a religious bent and
want to read a good book and are too young, perhaps,
to recognize the author Lloyd Douglas, his The BIg
Fisherman, a novel about the life of Peter, is
awaiting validation. Lloyd Douglas' books were very
popular in the '50s.

There are books on the list that were submitted last
February--one even from Dec. 2004. Are the newer books
at the bottom and the older books at the top? I took a
couple of older books, but I think it would be nice if
maybe some people would check the list from the
beginning and see if there's something that strikes
your fancy that's been on for a while.  I'm not
suggesting taking books just because they've been
there--only books you might enjoy working on--which is
what I do  smile.

Also, if anyone needs help with a book and I can get
the book I'll be happy to help unscramble pages, scan
missing pages, etc.

Speaking of which--I just renewed my library copy of
Mao's Last Dancer, and I can probably renew it again,
so if anyone wants to download that and needs help,
just let me know.