[bksvol-discuss] Re: Cost to join and renew membership at Bookshare.org

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 18:40:19 -0500

Hi Sue,
I held off answering your previous email. However, I think some things need to be addressed.

First, please go back and reread Janice's message. Gustavo will be gone for a week, not until midMay. Janice is asking that John have a couple of weeks to jump into the job arena and start learning to handle day-to-day responsibilities, before we inundate him with suggestions/questions/comments. So, please, again, note that Gustavo will be gone for a week. You know, he needs vacation just like every other member of the work force.

Next, Jeniffer is settling into her job, and is attempting to learn everything there is to know, both back end and front end of the BookShare system. From correspondence with her, she is excited, interested, and ready to make choices and decisions that will help BookShare grow and change for the benefit of members and volunteers.

Keep in mind also, that a lot of the training is probably handled by Gustavo, which temporarily diverts his attention from "us".

So, yes, my message is a bit about the wait, but its not related to funding. It's coming from the stand point that Jeniffer and John need to become familiar with the material before they can help us. I for one wouldn't like to be thrown in and say, hey, learn it and do x y z at the same time. I'd much rather learn the information and over a period of time be brought up to full speed. We'll have Gustavo, Jeniffer and John fully dedicated to the BookShare project when all is said and done.

Just some thoughts,
Jake
----- Original Message ----- From: "siss52" <siss52@xxxxxxx>