[bksvol-discuss] Re: Cost to join and renew membership at Bookshare.org

  • From: "mickey" <micka@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 09:14:40 -0400

I agree with Sue, too. With fourteen books on the admin queue, I'm wondering why I work so hard if no one gets to see my work. Granted, I get to see books I might not see, but this is a high price to pay.

I was on the staff of a nonprofit organization for 17-1/2 years. One of the major goals, besides fund-raising, should be to keep the volunteers having a feeling of purpose. That just doesn't hapeen when books are on the step-1 page or in the admin queue for months.

Every now and again--not as often as I should--I take a book that bores me silly--because it needs to be done. But then it just sits.

Sue is making valid points, and the only way to make an organization better is to voice valid criticism. You go, girl!

Mickey

----- Original Message ----- From: "k4zq" <k4zq@xxxxxxxxxxxx>