[bksvol-discuss] Re: Color Plates

  • From: "Martha Rafter" <mlhr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 09:09:35 -0400

If the page numbers are in sequence, then don't scan the pages with photos on them.

Marty
-----Original Message----- From: Kelly Pierce
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2012 10:45 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Color Plates

I am about to scan a book that has white pages with black text.  In
the middle of the book are eight pages of glossy paper that have color
photographs on them.  the book is about medicinal plants and the
photos show different plants with the name of the plant underneath the
photo.   Other than the name of the plant, there is no text on these
pages of color photos and the pages are not numbered.

Should I skip scanning these pages?  the photos will generate a lot of
garbage characters.  If so, what is the point of scanning the pages
when there is no information of value to the blind reader on them.

I would appreciate the thoughts of others.

Kelly