[bksvol-discuss] Christian romances with less than excellent ratings

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 09:22:42 -0400

Once again, I ask the fans of Christian romances who are validators for assistance. There are a lot of Christian romances on step 1 with less than excellent ratings. Some deserve to be validated. Many need rejecting.

New validators are going to possibly have trouble working on some of these books because they have less experience. The lack of validating experience means they may not be so sure when a book needs rejecting and when it can be fixed up relatively easily.

Fans of Christian romances who have kurzweil can use rank spelling to quickly fix up many of these books or make a decision that they are in poor enough shape to reject. Poor enough shape means the book was not held down hard enough so lines are cut off. Rejecting a book is also needed when fixing it up will take an inordinate amount of time. The time it takes is a personal judgment I know. I also know that new validators are going to get discouraged working on this stuff.

When I have more room on my five book queue I will work on some of the other books of less than excellent quality. I prefer to leave the Christian literature to those interested in Christian books. You are the people who can best decide what kind of quality you want books to have when they join the collection as new books.

E.