[bksvol-discuss] Re: Chapter headings, am confused

  • From: Mayrie ReNae <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 09:09:46 -0800

Hi Jamie!

Okay, first, yes, the chapter headings have remained in the books when the page numbers are at the tops of pages. Now, here is my disclaimer of sorts. Most times, when page numbers are at the tops of pages, there is no page number printed at the top of a page containing a chapter heading. I always have to insert the page numbers on those pages to protect the chapter headings. So, the complete answer to the question, in my experience is this: When page numbers appear at the tops of pages, chapter headings will not be stripped. However, the submitter and validator need to be certain that there are actually page numbers on the pages containing chapter headings in order to keep the chapter headings from being stripped. I can't think of any book containing page numbers at the tops of pages where I didn't have to insert a page number on pages containing chapter headings to protect said chapter headings.

Peace,
Mayrie

At 08:30 AM 12/29/2007, you wrote:
I thought it had been established that when the page number is at the top of the page, the stripper does not strip the chapter headings. I have not protected any chapter headings when the page number is at the top, and I have not heard any complaints that the chapter headings are missing.

Mayrie, how about the Baby-Sitters books? Are the chapter headings intact there? The page numbers are at the top of all of the ones I have validated and I know you worked very hard to insert chapter headings where they belong. Once in the collection, do they remain?

Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading - But I survived / Tadeusz Sobolewicz
<http://www.tkqlhce.com/email-1683725-10517606?sid=Email122507>Sign Language Products for Children including DVDs, Flash Cards, Books and More!