[bksvol-discuss] Re: Book wishes for my students

  • From: Jamie Yates <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 19:20:27 -0700 (PDT)

Shelley, I have just submitted High School Bites, by Liza Conrad and it is on
step 1 now.

  From the back of the book:

  LET VAMPIRES GET IN THE WAY OF MY SOPHOMORE YEAR? YOU SLAY ME!
  Lucy Hellenberg is not your typical Pacific Cedar High student. In addition
to hanging out with her friends, hating her hair and her math teacher, and
deciding whether she should dump her on-again, off-again boyfriend, she has to
deal with a father who refuses to go outside and a house that bears way too
much resemblance to the set of The Munsters.
  And that?s not all. Lucy has just discovered that she?s a descendant of the
lovely Lucy in Bram Stoker?s Dracula and that vampires really do exist?right at
home in Seattle. Now Lucy has to accessorize her homecoming dress with a
necklace of garlic and learn how to drive while driving away vampires?without
becoming their next victim. . . .

  FULL OF HISTORICAL TIDBITS ABOUT IRISH AUTHOR BRAM STOKER, PLUS FASCINATING
MYTHS AND LEGENDS ABOUT VAMPIRES!

Jamie in Michigan
Uncle Tom's Cabin - Harriet Beecher Stowe

  Find great deals on books at Half.com.