[bksvol-discuss] Book submitted: Killer Whales (Worldlife Library)

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <booksbeingscanned@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 22:20:05 -0400

And another book submitted for your proofing pleasure.

Book Information
  ISBN:
  0-89658-545-X

  Title:
  Killer Whales Revised Ed. (Worldlife Library)

  Author(s):
  Sara Heimlich, James Boran

  Publisher:
  MBI Publishing Company LLC

  Copyright Date:
  2001

  Copyrighted By:
  Sara Heimlich & James Boran

  Brief Synopsis:
  Book introducing khe killer whale, its history, family, breeding, lifestyle
and conservation.

  Long Synopsis:
  Killer whales are the supreme predators in the ocean. Today we are learning
to respect them as intelligent and adaptable animals, rather than fear them as
the loathsome creatures once imagined in legends. This revised and updated
introduction to killer whales, or orcas, pieces together the latest information
on how they live. We learn how they communicate and maintain well-established
societies, with intricate family relationships, over long lifespans. We also
learn about the environmental concerns that threaten killer whales. Illustrated
by the world's best wildlife photographers, this book brings us face to face
with these intriguing creatures. Discover the world's animals and the physical
world in the WorldLife Library from Voyageur Press. This highly acclaimed
series brings you the latest research from leading naturalists, along with
stunning color photographs of your favorite animals and our of fascinating
natural world.

  Comments:
  Has been read through. blank pages are photographs. Photograps are labeled
with "caption:" has been read through, but fonts are not normalized. If you
have questions please contact me. juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx

  Adult content:
  No

  Language:
  English US

  Book Quality:
  EXCELLENT

  Categories:
  Science, Outdoors and Nature, Nonfiction, Animals

  B4E Significant:
  No

  SFWA Challenged:
  No

Shelley L. Rhodes, M.A. CVRT
and Ludden black Labrador Guide Dog.

The cure for anything is salt water -- sweat, tears, or the sea. -Isak Dinesen
(pen name of Karen Blixen), author (1885-1962)