[bksvol-discuss] Book submitted: Enslaved: true Stories of Modern Day Slavery

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <booksbeingscanned@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 22:07:25 -0400

Here is the second book submitted today.

Book Information
  ISBN:
  978-1-4039-7324-5

  Title:
  Enslaved: True Stories Of Modern Day Slavery

  Author(s):
  Jesse Sage (Editor), Gloria Steinem (Foreword by), Liora Kasten (Editor)

  Publisher:
  Palgrave Macmillan Limited

  Copyright Date:
  2006

  Copyrighted By:
  American Anti-Slavery Group,

  Brief Synopsis:
  Today, millions of people are being held in slavery around the world. From
poverty-stricken countries to affluent American suburbs, slaves toil as
sweatshop workers, sex slaves, migrant workers, and domestic servants.

  Long Synopsis:
  Today, millions of people are being held in slavery around the world. From
poverty-stricken countries to affluent American suburbs, slaves toil as
sweatshop workers, sex slaves, migrant workers, and domestic servants. With
expos s by seven former slaves--as well as one slaveholder--from Southeast
Asia, Africa, Europe, the Middle East, and the United States, this
groundbreaking collection of harrowing first-hand accounts reveals how slavery
continues to thrive in the twenty-first century. From the memoirs of Micheline,
a Haitian girl coerced into domestic work in Connecticut, to the confessions of
Abdel Nasser, a Mauritanian master turned abolitionist, these stories heighten
awareness of a global human rights crisis that can no longer be ignored.

  Comments:
  This book has been read through. there are several foreign names, and the
grammar may not be quite correct in all the stories, but it is a great book. I
do have images of the pages if you need one. please contact me at:
juddysbbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx Pictures are labeled with captions. Other pages that
are blank are well blank. Some page numbers need to be inserted. You can
catagorize the book better if you can think of where it should go, I honestly
wasn't sure.

  Adult content:
  No

  Language:
  English US

  Book Quality:
  EXCELLENT

  Categories:
  Religion and Spirituality, Nonfiction, Health, Mind and Body

  B4E Significant:
  No

  SFWA Challenged:
  No

Shelley L. Rhodes, M.A. CVRT
and Ludden black Labrador Guide Dog.

The cure for anything is salt water -- sweat, tears, or the sea. -Isak Dinesen
(pen name of Karen Blixen), author (1885-1962)