[bksvol-discuss] Just Submitted: "Jesus And The Metaphors Of God: The Christs of the New Testament"

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 22:39:07 -0500

Hi Everyone who likes scholarly books.

I'm not able to locate volume 3 of this trilogy, so I don't know if it was ever written. The first volume is in the collection.

I'll leave you with the book information.

Debby

=====

Book Information
ISBN:
0-8091-3429-2
Title:
Jesus And The Metaphors Of God: The Christs of the New Testament
Author(s):
Bernard J. Lee
Publisher:
Paulist Press
Copyright Date:
1993
Copyrighted By:
Stimulus Foundation
Brief Synopsis:
Jesus and the Metaphors of God is the second of a richly significant three-volume study of the Jewish origins of Christianity and their relevance to Christian identity today. Which Christ-meaning will assist Christians in the retrieval of the Jewishness
of our origins?
Long Synopsis:
In Jesus and the Metaphors of God, Bernard Lee continues his retrieval of Christianity's Jewish roots, taking measure of the varied metaphors that mediate the New Testament experience of God, presuming that when God-meanings change so also the Christological
meanings of Jesus.
Comments:
This book has been read through. The headers have been stripped. All page numbers and page breaks are present. Sizing and bolding is needed for DAISY navigation. There are a few typos in the hard copy. Here is the list with the page numbers where
the typos occur:
37
The discovery of Near Eastern treaty texts occasioned significant new studies of
the biblical convenant metaphor.
194
3. Edmond Jabes, The Book of Dialogue, tr. Rosmarie Waldrop (Middletown: Wesleyan,
1987), p. 27.
It should be an easy read. I can be reached at the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx if necessary.
Thanks for proofreading.
Debby
P.S. All footnote numbers are present and starred.
Adult content:
No
Language:
English US
Book Quality:
EXCELLENT
Categories:
Religion and Spirituality,
Nonfiction

                                --
                mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
--

"Teach me, and I will hold my tongue
; Cause me to understand wherein I have erred.