[bksvol-discuss] Re: Book Port and Book Courier

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 22:55:56 -0600

Natasha,
I have the book courier and I like it a lot. I also appreciated the discount I
could get as a k1000 owner or bookshare member. I think there is info at
http://www.bookcourier.com and/or
http://www.readingmachines.com
on the discount. The Bookport does have a few more features; if you're doing
grading of papers, you might appreciate the capability to search for specific
text, which the courier does not have. If you don't own k1000
and would have to rely on the transfer tool that comes with either device, then
you'd want to know which file types could be transferred directly. The bookport
does a few more, but if you don't need them, then its not
relevant.  I  like the help feature for the book courier, where you press a
certain key followed by the press of any other key on the  keypad to get
descriptions of all the functionality for that key. From the Access World
description, I found the book courier's layout more intiutive, but since I
owned it already, that might be why. The book courier has fewer buttons, and
they are not all exactly the same; some might find that is helpful in
quickly finding keys. I didn't find it to be a big deal.
Mary