[bksvol-discuss] Re: Book Port and Book Courier

  • From: "Tiffany H. Jessen" <tjessen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 23:12:16 -0500

I own a Book Port and besides for the doubletalk speech I enjoy it very much.
However the Book Courier uses the same synthesizer, so that is not a factor in
choosing between the two.
I believe the Book Port may still support a few more file formats than the Book
Courier, but I'm not sure.
The Book Courier comes with a flash card of higher capacity, (128mb vs. only
64mb) but with some good comparison shopping online, at some point you may want
to buy a card of higher capacity anyways.
I'm not sure if the Book Courier has different shaped buttons, but maybe
someone else on list will know. On the Book Port, all of the buttons are the
same size and shape with a raised dot on one of them for orientation.
The book Courier has a help mode so you can push and learn what the keys do,
where as the help feature on the Book Port simply opens the manual, so unless
you already know enough about how to maneuver in a file you may be stuck having
to read the manual little by little until you learn how to do the real things,
jumping by page, searching for particular words and so on.
Speaking of searching for words, unless the Book Courier has come out with an
update recently, that is another thing I believe the Book Port does better.
Tiffany