[bksvol-discuss] Re: Backgammon - your input is requested

  • From: "Lora" <loravara@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 04:10:35 -0700

Hi, Jamie,

Oh, this backgammon book looks like quite the challenge for you.  Thank you
for being willing to take it on.

No, you don't misremember backgammon.  But one person always had to move
clockwise around the board, and the other always moved counterclockwise.  So
apparently the book is showing it from the counterclockwise perspective.
That's fine.

Your method of describing the board looks fine to me.  I might want you to
indicate only the points that had pieces in the diagram, with no need to
indicate the points that are blank.  That's what each space on the board is
called, by the way, a point.  So, if they had pieces on points 12, 9, 7, 5
and 3 in the current diagram, I would prefer only those points listed in the
picture description, with no need to indicate the empty points, but this is
a preference thing.

As to how to indicate the moves, perhaps with something like White moves 1
piece from 6 to 4.  But no, if we're always following one color in the
example, and we know what color is on each point, you probably don't need to
indicate the color again in the move description.

Good luck!

Lora

  _____