[bksvol-discuss] Re: BSOs

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 16:53:03 -0500

You generally don't have to read the whole thing to make a judgment on the quality. Just check out the preliminary material, (usually the poorest quality part because stuff in there tends to be harder to scan, and a lazy proofreader will either not look at it or not fix it), and then read the first ten or fifteen pages. It's not likely that the quality of the book as a whole will be much worse or better than that. If the quality of the text is good in those ten or fifteen pages, then it's likely to be pretty good the rest of the way through, and vice versa.

Evan

----- Original Message ----- From: "john.falter" <john.falter@xxxxxxxxxxx>