[bksvol-discuss] Re: BSOs

  • From: "Gary Petraccaro" <garypet130@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 21:45:35 -0500

I didn't keep a copy of the message you're responding to. What I think I said was that the other books were probably ok since they came out relatively recently and that the only one I thought worth seriously looking at was Niven and Pournelle's Inferno. The others were either done by May Re or Carrie herself and came out either in 2010 or even later. So, if someone will take a cursory look at that Inferno, that should take care of my concerns. If I can even establish a cut -off point after which I can take an "excellent" rating as meaningful that would be a great help. Then I can just go through the scads of books I'm giving away to the library and see which it's worth to BSO. Thanks to all of you who help with this question. As an explanation to those here new to BookShare, there was a time when only the metadata needed to be present to put a book in the collection as long as all the pages were there. The text itself could have problems but the book would still be allowed in. This means that some number of books, even those with excellent ratings, aren't really deserving of that rating. At some point in time this policy changed to the one we have now. I don't want either to BSO something that doesn't need it, or hurt anyone's feelings because of doing a book they feel they have worked long and hard at. I'm just trying to do what I can with what I have to improve the collection. Again, thanks to all who help.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ann Parsons" <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>