[bksvol-discuss] Re: BSO-ing

  • From: Melissa Smith <mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 07:00:47 -0600

I usually look at a book in K1000, and check to see if it has navigational elements, and use the rank spelling feature to see how that looks. Those 2 things usually give me a pretty good idea of how the rest of the book looks.

Melissa Smith

On 2/20/2011 11:51 PM, Gary Petraccaro wrote:
I'm going through my shelves preparing books to be donated to a local library. I don't want to donate a book just to find out that I should have bso-ed it. We all know that some books were called excellent when they aren't by current standards. Is there a quick way to figure out if a book needs bso-ing.
Thanks.