[bksvol-discuss] Re: Authors and books

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 21:26:46 -0400

Hi, Jane. Terminal Mercy, by Ed Stuart, is a very good medical mystery and is on Bookshare. Some other medical mysteries from Bookshare to try are False Positive, Necessary Measures, Deadly Cure, Plaguemaker, Lethal Harvest, and The Fifth Vial. I'm a little fuzzy on the spelling of the authors' names, so I thought I'd list the titles since I know you like to search with Kurzweil.

Robin Cook writes medical mysteries exclusively, and I really enjoyed reading Contagion, Harmful Intent, Vital Signs, Fatal Cure, Blindsight, Outbreak, Toxin, and Mortal Fear. Bookshare has almost all of Mr. Cook's mysteries, and they're all good reads. Warning! Do not read Robin Cook mysteries while in the hospital! It will scare you witless and keep you awake all night peering into the shadows for people wielding poisoned hypodermics or virus-wielding villains ready to comtaminate your brain. Don't ask me how I know about this. (grin)

There are many others in the Bookshare collection. These are just some of my favorites. I hope you'll find some that you like.

Monica Willyard

Jane Dickison wrote:
Can anyone on this list tell me who writes good medical mysteries?
Also any reccomendations for books you liked are welcome.
Jane D.