[bksvol-discuss] Re: Asterisks

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 17:24:49 -0600

Hi, Gary,

Bookshare's converter tool will strip out extra spaces in your rtf, so anything great than one space gets removed no matter what.

Secondly, if Word isn't set up to its autocorrect default and you put three asterisks in a row without any space between them, Word will convert them into a graphic line, which is pretty icky. I don't know what Kurzweil does, or any of the other products like it.

I'm not sure what Bookshare's current standard is regarding whether they want the asterisks to be three in a row, or asterisk space asterisk space asterisk. Hopefully, Madeleine will weigh in. smile.

Judy s.
Follow me on Twitter at QuackersNCheese <https://twitter.com/QuackersNCheese>
On 1/7/2016 4:53 PM, Gary Petraccaro wrote:

Should the three asterisks be consecutive or have space between them and how much space?
Thanks.