[bksvol-discuss] Re: Appendices:Second thoughts

  • From: "Julie & Miss Mercy, Avon & AMU rep" <mercy421@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 18:12:41 -0400

The dog book I'm working on has some charts in it that I'm redoing, too. Most of the book scanned well, but it is taking at least some redoing. There are charts on vaccinations and that kind of thing, so I'm rewriting it in a form that will be easier to understand instead of leaving it in the mess they were in when they scanned. Take care.

--
Julie Morales
http://juliemorales.avonrepresentative.com/ or

Grandma Cindy wrote:
Tables, however, are difficult to do. They have to be
rewritten in non-table form. In the books I've done,
the only tables I've seen have been in the text, and
if they are informative and not just illustrative of
the text, I do make them readable. Otherwise I note
that they are graphs or simply illustrate what's in
the text.

And maybe I haven't always validated appendices--I
can't remember now. But my point is that I think the
indices and bibliographies are usable as they are,
trying to put myself in the place of those of you who
are blind. The The information is all there, just not
in separate lines, though sometimes in bibliographies
I do separate the entries. It seems to me that if one
is using Braille or listening to a book, the
information is usable as it is. It's even usable to
someone sighted, though not as easily as when it's
properly spaced and on separate lines.

Some scanners, though, have taken the time to make
them perfect.

Cindy