[bksvol-discuss] Anyone Out There Using Commercial OCR Software with a Screenreader?

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 19:59:51 -0400

Folks,
I have no experience with this, but someone asked me this today. Is it possible
to use one of the commercial OCR packages such as Abbey FineReader or Omnipage,
which often come with scanners, with a screenreader? Anyone on here doing it?
Anyone here tried it and failed? I know someone who says he's interested in
scanning and is using JAWS, but can't lay out the money for K1000.

Thanks for any responses.

Evan