[bksvol-discuss] Re: Anyone Out There Using Commercial OCR Software with a Screenreader?

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 19:27:59 -0700 (PDT)

I know at least one blind person used Abbyy FineReader Pro, but don't remember
how.  They were decent scans, though.

Valerie

today. Is it possible to use one of the commercial OCR packages such as Abbey
FineReader or Omnipage, which often come with scanners, with a screenreader?
Anyone on here doing it? Anyone here tried it and failed? I know someone who
says he's interested in scanning and is using JAWS, but can't lay out the money
for K1000.